“The Pilates method of body conditioning reawakens and stimulates brain cells, stimulating further the functioning of the mind” – Joseph Hubertus Pilates
Pilates exercises are practised worldwide by millions of people, whether they are physically fit or unfit. It is a form of low-impact exercise that stresses muscular strength, flexibility and endurance. Pilates is mainly used to strengthen the core muscles of the abdomen, lower back, hips and thighs.
>> Read more
What are the principles of Pilates?
- Breathing: a deep, conscious and controlled inhalation through the nose and exhalation through the mouth. This improves overall blood circulation and helps muscles to function optimally.
- Concentration: by focusing and becoming aware of each body movement, you promote the mind-body connection, which lies at the very core of Pilates.
- Control: every movement needs to be controlled and precise in order to achieve positive results (always quality over quantity).
- Centering: visualise the centre of your body as a three-dimensional sphere that changes in size as your muscles contract and relax. According to the Pilates philosophy, all movements find their origin in the centre of the body.
- Flow of motion: seamless, graceful, smooth, fluid and elegant movements; rather than jerky or quick actions.
- Precision: rather completing fewer exercises more precisely, than more exercises in an inexact manner.
- Postural Alignment: good posture from head to toe. Be aware of the position of your spine, neck, pelvis and head in order to ensure correct technique and breathing.
Who is Pilates for?
Pilates offers the perfect workout for:
- Pregnant women (pre- and post-natal)
- Runners and walkers
- Those in rehabilitation
- Everybody (women, men and children)
It doesn’t matter if you are sixteen or seventy, we have the perfect Pilates routine for you!
What are the benefits of Pilates?
- Improves core strength, flexibility and balance
- Trains the abdominal muscles to support the process
- Engages the mind and enhances body awareness
- Increases flexibility, movement and stamina, helping the body to be less prone to injury
- Reduces stress, relieves tension and boosts energy through deep stretching
- Restores postural alignment
- Creates a stronger, more flexible spine
- Promotes recovery from strain or injury
- Increases joint range of motion
- Improves circulation
- Heightens neuromuscular coordination
- Offers relief from back pain and joint stress
- Compliments sport training and develops functional fitness for daily activities
- Improves the way your body looks and feels
Do You Have Any Questions?
Contact Marléne today to receive more information or to schedule a consultation session where you will discover how Self and More will enhance your life.
A journey to discover your full potential.
Life coaching is a process where a professional life coach helps to motivate and guide you in order to improve various aspects of your life, including career and relationships.
Pilates is a form of exercise that helps promote and improve physical strength, posture, body sensing, mindful movements, muscular endurance, balance and flexibility.
TRE is a series of exercises that help the body relieve itself from deep muscular tension, trauma and stress.